Storia del chicco Lino
C'era una volta un chicco di riso addormentato.
Il chicco si chiamava Lino e dormiva in compagnia di tanti piccoli fratellini, dentro un sacco di iuta,nel magazzino di una grande cascina.
Un bel giorno la porta del magazzino si spalanco' e nello stanzone apparve la figura di un giovane e robusto contadino.
Il letargo era finito..............
Story of Lino the rice grain
Once upon a time a grain of rice was asleep.
The grain was called Lino. He was sleeping together with his many little brothers in a jute bag in the warehouse of a large farm. One fine day the warehouse door opened wide and the figure of a young stout farmer appeared in the large room.
The long winter sleep was over...............
La historia del grano Lino
Había una vez un grano de arroz durmiente.
El grano se llamaba Lino y dormía junto a sus hermanitos, adentro de una bolsa de yute, en el galpón de una hacienda agrícola. Un día, la puerta del galpón se abrió de par en par y apareció Beppe, un agricultor joven y robusto.
El letargo había terminado...................
История зёрнышка Лино
Это случилось давным давно.
На зернохранилище одной большой фермы, в большом джутовом мешке, в компании многочисленных родственников,спало рисовое зёрнышко по имени Лино. В один прекрасный день дверь в рисовое хранилище открылась, и туда вошёл молодой и сильный фермер.
By M. Ginestrone
Preparation time about 18 months
P.S. Ginestrone's recipe really describes all the hard work done by LIBERI DI SCEGLIERE O.N.L.U.S. to create a product which we think is useful on at least three fronts: as playful use of a multimedia product, as a didactic-formative enterprise about Rice and as an economic resource to help those children less fortunate who are supported by our Association.
- Take a few areas of rice production: from around Vercelli, Novara and Pavia will do very well.
- Search for, and find a writer to your liking and commission him to prepare a few tales about rice, highlighting the production cycle and its nutritional qualities.
- Now choose the colours.
- Take someone, a young woman maybe, who knows how to draw with the innocence of a child.
- Reduce the newly-written stories and leave them to develop for at least a couple of months.
- In the meantime fill your car with petrol and abandon yourself to research.
- You will have to obtain the ingredients of fortune: partners, sponsors, collaborators of all shapes and sizes.
- Have you found them?
- Good! Then you can return home
- At this point you need to reflect.
- If you dont think that the Italian version, on its own, will satisfy the curious appetite of lots of children from around the world … then its time to add more coals to the fire, so...
- Get the texts of the tales translated into other languages: English, Russian, Spanish … itll take some time
- Now call an expert in animation to make the images move, and add voices
- Add the work of a first-rate musician
- Mix with the song and the acting (two voices are better: a man's and a girl's)
- Flavour the dubbing with mother-tongue speakers who work well together (the pronunciation is of some importance)
- Gather the multimedia mixture and take it to your editor
- Wait for a month and then bring out the confection
- Perfect! All ready for the Expo
My most heartfelt thanks go to our dear Adriano Greppi, president of LIBERI DI SCEGLIERE O.N.L.U.S., all our Partners who have believed in us and all those who have contributed to the accomplishment of this project.